Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Reflection

Children’s literature was a successful experience for me. I learned a significant amount about children’s literature and the types of books I like. I now know what I consider to be a good children’s book. After the first time our class met, I was worried about how the blog would work out. I had never done a blog before and I was unsure about the whole process of creating one. After a few weeks of blogging, I was happy that we did a blog instead of a word document. Blogging can be more personalized and creative. It also allowed easy access to the work of classmates so I could get recommendations on other books to read. Looking at classmates and commenting on their blogs was fun. Each person had their own personalized page, with a different writing style and opinion on children’s literature. I also enjoyed doing the genre and author study.
The genre study gave me the chance to explore contemporary realistic fiction, a genre I had not heard of before this class. Our genre presentations taught me a lot about the different genres and the type of books they include. The author study allowed me to learn more about Jane Yolen and her life as an author. All of these assignments provided me with a vast array of knowledge regarding children’s literature. This knowledge will help me to decide which children’s books I include in my classroom one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment