Friday, April 3, 2009

Lucky Pennies and Hot Chocolate


Lucky Pennies and Hot Chocolate by Carol Diggory Shields is a story told from the perspective of a grandpa whose grandson is coming for a visit. The first time I read it through I thought it was told from the perspective of the grandson but then when I got to the end I realized it was the other way around. The grandpa loves picking pennies up off the ground, drinking hot chocolate and telling knock knock jokes with his grandson. The relationship they have together is so cute. It reminds me of how my grandma and I interacted. It also reminds me of how my dad acts with my niece. They love spending time together and going on their own little adventures like the grandpa and grandson in the book. I only have one grandparent left and I’m going to Arkansas to visit him this summer. This book makes me even more excited to see him! The bond between grandparents and their grandchildren is so special. This is definitely a book worth reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment