Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Misfits Part 1


The Misfits by James Howe is an awesome book that grabs your attention and sucks you into the pages. The story is told from the perspective of a twelve year old named Bobby who is fed up with all the name calling going on amongst his peers. The book reminds me of middle school, an akward time for most people and a time when people call eachother cruel names. The list of names Bobby and his friends Skeezie, Addie and Joe have been called is similar to what I remember people being called when they were being made fun of. I always hated when I heard other people being talked about or called names and looking back I wish I would have stuck up for them. I like the direction this book is going, it's good that Bobby and his friends want to form a party to stick up for those who have been a "minority" because they are different from the popular kids in school. Bobby has some great ideas and I'm interested to see if he steps up and does more than just form the ideas for the group. I also want to know what is going on with Mr.Kellerman from Bobby's work. At first Bobby called him "killer man" behind his back but once he asked Pam what the story was of his past he could no longer dislike him. I feel like there is more going on there than we know right now. I'm excited about reading the second half of this book and finding out more about Bobby, the "no name party" and Mr.Kellerman!

No comments:

Post a Comment