Friday, March 6, 2009

Reflection

Reading five children's books and one novel each week has been going well. I enjoy going to the library and exploring the different types of children's literature that is out there. I have found some really good books that I plan on including in my classroom library one day. I have liked both of the assigned novels we have read so far. Love that Dog was such a cute story about a teacher's ability to reach every student. The Misfits brought me back to my own middle school experience and all the name calling that went on. I'm happy we discussed those two books as a class because other people pointed out things that I had not noticed when I read them. I find class discussions to be really helpful to achieve a broader understanding of books. I'm looking forward to the remainder of the semester and experiencing even more children's literature!

No comments:

Post a Comment