Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Twilight Comes Twice


Twilight Comes Twice by Ralph Fletcher talks about the passing of a day. This is another book that uses many sensory details. Although there are no characters mentioned the pictures tell a story of their own. A little girl and her dog are illustrated waling around and experiencing the different times of day together. It seems like a wonderful story of a bond between humans, animals and nature. I imagine the story being told by this girl and I appreciate the story even more that way. Because the details about the girl and the dog are so vague I feel like I am that little girl with her dog exploring nature. In one picture the girl is shown eating breakfast with her mom and dad. Since my brother and sister are so much older than me, many times it was just my parents and I at breakfast. This book made me miss home and spring time. I can't wait until it's warm and I can walk around and explore outside again myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment